Aquaponics - Sticky bug traps

I've just had an idea.

I posted before on a design for a self cleaning sticky pest trap, but I think I have a better idea. 

Sticky traps are small squares of very sticky plastic that you can hang in or near your garden beds. 

They attract flying insects by being attractive, and keep them there by being sticky. The ones I've seen come in either blue or green, and I think maybe yellow. Once they get covered in bugs, or lose their stickiness they are thrown away and become landfill.

But I got to thinking that spiders might do a better job. 



Spider webs are superior to store bought sticky traps in at least three ways...

1. They clean their own traps.

2. They automatically regulate their number, and the number of pests, by convivially feasting, breeding, and moving on when the task is complete.  

3. They already exist. 


I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Spider webs are the perfect self cleaning sticky trap. 

Thanks nature.

Now all I need to do is figure out a way to make them live where I want, and to do my bidding.

I will be a spider, man master.

They will call me....




Bug boy.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts