Solar hot water - Aquaponics - a day in the hot house graph

This graph really speaks for itself, but I like the sound of my own typing, so I'll be adding a bit as usual.


This graph represents my attempt to do something every hour, on the hour. If you click on it, it should open up to slightly bigger version that might be a bit more readable.

If you read all the times off the top line, you'll see I'm not so good at doing stuff to a schedule.

There was also a big chunk that should have extended out to the right for another 8 hours or so, but I went to sleep. Not a lot would have happened overnight. There have been some times where I have taken readings in the middle of the night, and the readings fit within a gradual decline over night to a point where they would roughly meet up with the 8am start data. I would expect the changes to be quite straight forward and gradual as the system radiated heat.

The cells with the yellow background represent daylight. Actual daylight at this time of year is from roughly 6:30am to 6:00pm. Roughly.

The solar heater output (graphed in yellow) comes about, as a result of a 10 metre length of 4mm black poly pipe, that I have coiled, and parked near the roof. It siphons a small trickle of water from the tap input to the glass house, up through the coil, then down to the fish tank. As far as I can see, I could just add a few more to shift any amount of heat I desire down into the fish tank, or storage, to be released slowly at night. Obviously there is a limit, but that limit comes down to how hot I want the air to be. I don't really know how hot a hot house should be, so I guess that's the next thing I need to study. It's one thing to decide to work on temperature stability, but I have a feeling I might be better off knowing the temperature I'm seeking to stay stable at.

It's interesting to note how wobbly the temperatures are outside, as compared to inside. Its also interesting to note that they seem to be getting even more stable over time.

Given I'm aiming for temperature stability, that's a good thing. I might not have to do as much as I thought. I might just have to sit down for a bit and wait.

I'm not very good at waiting, but I consider myself an expert at sitting down.

On this day, the hot house didn't see full sun until 3 hours before sunset, but when it has seen sun as soon as It could, it behaved by just being a bit hotter all round.

Sitting in a hot house is very, very nice.

1 comment:

  1. The Janice doth spam too much :(

    Please go away.

    Your two previous spam posts, whilst fascinating, covered everything you had to offer, and I feel every new identical advert you post would only serve to make your previous works of art seem somewhat less worthy in the eyes of the reader.

    I spare you the public humiliation that might be associated with your excellent product/religion/scam by deleting this substandard third attempt at spam.

    The first two will of course be respected as the useless drivel that they are, and remain a part of this blog's comments.

    Whilst obviously I enjoy spam as much as the next netizen, to keep your last post displayed would only render you a poo-poo head in the eyes of the reader, and as such, I see my deleting of the third ad posted in the same day as my civic duty to maintain your good name.

    Nobody wants to be a poo-poo head after all.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts