I figure it's time to take a photo and post it if it looks slightly different to how it did before.
It doesn't actually work, but you don't know that, so you may maintain a suitable expression of impressed-ness, and congratulation.
It still needs the adjustment equipment, and then needs to be cut so it isn't so long. The plan is to fit it into the PVC tube it's sitting in, but I want to wait until everything is on the board before I trim it to size. I could probably cut it now, because I have left all that space at the top right for all the adjustable things.
Adjustments to things like numbers of feeds per day will be made with "Pots" or potentiometers. A potentiometer is a thing like a volume knob except mine will be adjusted using a screwdriver so you cant accidentally change them.
Currently, my board looks like this.
I doesn't look like much, but it's still challenging me.
It's a dot to dot.
I made it work on the breadboard.
There are the same number of holes on the stripboard.
Just copy it over.
Except I thought I should change a few things.
Because this is my first project, what I should have done is made a replica of the breadboard by cutting tracks to the same layout. It would have wasted a few holes in the stripboard, but I wouldn't have had to change anything.
Soldering on stripboard is a totally different beast as compared to a circuit board, or even the board with just coppered holes on it.
Because the strips are long and large, they act as a heat sink and suck all the temperature out of your soldering iron.
The solder also flows along the length of the strips rather than forming a nice dot around the pin you are working on.
No doubt I'll get better with practice.
Or not, who knows.
120 things in 20 years - not quite Electronics - Stage one soldered
Things so far...
Animation (5) Aquaponics (338) Bread (15) Cheese (14) cooking (49) electronics (57) Epic adventurer (20) Escargot (2) Fire (6) Fraudster (1) Handmade fishing lures (31) Home made preserves (11) Making smoked foods (11) Mold making (7) Movie watcher and critic (2) Photography (17) PVC (36) Snail farming (6) Solar hot water (26) Solar photovoltaic panels (7) Stirling Engines (11) Thinking (49) Vermiculture (1) Wind energy (25)
The bell siphon was a clever thing for someone to design, and as such you feel a bit of that "clever" rub off onto you when you m...
You see CHIFT PIST a lot in the aquaponics forums and it means "constant height in fish tank, pump in sump tank". And its a very g...
A "bell siphon" is a device that automates the flooding and draining of an aquaponics grow bed, even though the pump is adding wa...
Painting lures is easier if you don't know how. I don't, so I'm already well on my way. I started by owning a printer. That ...
A while ago I tried to make a fish fed fish feeder design that would allow the fish to feed themselves. I think It's made. I say &q...
Apparently, marron come in two varieties. Hairy and not so hairy. Cherax cainii (smooth) and Cherax tenuimanus, or Margret River marron (hai...
In aquaponics, one issue that can effect your success rate is the pH of your water. pH is a measure of water's (or soil's or whateve...
With a little practice its possible to make a screw. If you bend your wire into an eyelet, its possible to make a screw in eyelet. The use...
I had an idea, but now I'm not sure it was mine after all. But here it is anyway. I need to get solids out of the water for the NFT, ...
This post is a follow up to the " handmade fishing lures how to get most out of your printer " post describing my way to colour ha...