Aquaponics - Another base for my new grow bed

I think I have finally settled on a base for my grow bed.

And I cut the hole for the puddle flange to the correct size.











I also cleaned it up so I can silicone it. Yes, in my world, that qualifies as clean.

It was necessary to cut away a bit of the wooden pallet underneath as well. This should now allow a clear path for drainage pipes to the sump.







I ended up settling on three wooden forklift pallets, and some bricks to add a bit of extra width. My main concern was to make it strong enough to take the weight of all the gravel, and all that water.

Additionally I needed to make it sturdy enough that if someone taps it with a car or something, it might still be standing the next day. I think my design provides this.

I hope my design provides this.

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to inform you that we have again linked to this excellent page in our 4th November issue of:
    http://aquaponics-digest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

ipage banner 2

affiliate_link

Popular Posts