The first attempts were a bit disappointing as I didn't get the balance right and ended up cutting off too much of my weight. The weight was designed to adjustable once I was somewhere I could test it, but taking too much off is difficult to undo when you are out in the world rather than at a workbench.
The end result was that I had to use my small pliers to remove the rearmost stainless steel hook cluster to balance my balancing.
I still didn't get it right, but with some extra work on my part, I got it to work well enough to catch this.
|Squid caught on my first handmade squid jag|
I'll need to make some adjustments to the design, but the next step will be to make a range in different designs, sizes and colours, and start to use them as a normal part of a fishing trip.
Making my own handmade fishing lures is officially viable and turns out to be a very rewarding thing to do.
I throughly recommend it.