Aquaponics - Duckweed - direct composter

Having dried some duckweed by spreading it out on some concrete for a few days, the next stage in creating my direct composter is using my cheese press to bring it all together. My PVC cheese press has seen a few different purposes in it's lifetime, but this one looks like it might be the one it retires to.

The duckweed shrunk down to a quarter of it's former live self.











I found my PVC pipe with holes that was formerly a cheese press, and rinsed it thoroughly.










I filled it with the dry duckweed, and planted it into the growbed.











The day after tomorrow, I'm off on an adventure to the other side of the continent, but tomorrow, which is really the day after tomorrow a far as this experiment goes, I'll check to see if the worms like their new feeder. But really I'll be somewhere else.




120 Things in 20 years is wondering if anyone is actually following this convoluted narrative.







120 Things in 20 years thinks that as far as it can tell, it's made a worm motel.


2 comments:

  1. I predict success, I have a vision of worms, as I am reading your blog backwards and thus can predict the future passed past. Past. Pabsts. Whatever. Anyway why do you think they wanted to go in there? Just moldy leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows what worms think. I'm guessing eat eat eat.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts