Aquaponics - Rainwater tanks

I managed to get some rainwater tank freebies from friends doing some back garden renovations.
The plan for my new aquaponics system is to turn one of them into a pair of grow beds, and the other into a sump tank.










The rainwater tanks measure approximately 1100mm by 1750mm by 600mm. This should allow me to split  one along the seam as garden beds and use the other as a sump tank. More on sump tanks later.

One tank split into two grow beds allows a perfect size to work with. Garden beds should be around 300 mm deep as the bacteria and plants both enjoy this depth. I will have two beds measuring 300mm deep and 1100mm x 1750mm in area. This is great because the longest my arms will need to be is just over half a meter in order to reach all of the grow beds with ease. I have arm to spare.

This is the site I'm working with. It is almost flat and is edged by a slope which will work perfectly.





Watch this space!

4 comments:

  1. With aquaponics rainwater tanks, you can assure of clean water that comes out of your rainwater system.

    Rainwater Tanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks author for your nice site and great shared to rain water tank
    Rainwater tank Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is very good.informative style.. brilliant piece of advice

    Diesel Transfer Pump
    fuel transfer pump

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your product violates world health organisation safety standards.

    also not really a considered response, but...

    sue me.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts